As a part of our Diversity & Inclusion Initiative, AIGA Nashville is proud to partner with the LGBT+ College Conference hosted by Middle Tennessee State University. This is a unique opportunity for students to use design thinking to shape social commentary on what identity means to us in 2017. We are Designing Inclusion.
Attendees of the 2017 LGBT+ College Conference, All Identities—Removing Obstacles to Inclusion, will explore how various aspects of our identity, such as race, gender identity or expression, occupation, religion, sexuality, social class, ethnicity, culture, etc., impact our experience of the world. These identifiers present unique challenges for creating a cohesive society in which everyone is heard, respected, nurtured, and included. Conference registration is free to all attendees.
AIGA Nashville is charging you, the next generation of design thinkers, to contribute to the conversation around removing obstacles to inclusion. What barriers prevent others from being heard? How can you utilize design to promote inclusivity? What barriers exist for the various aspects of your identity? How can you maximize your privileges to remove obstacles for others?
Explore these ideas, do your research, and create a poster representing your interpretation for creating a more diverse world through Designing Inclusion. Fifteen student entries will be selected by the AIGA Nashville board to be displayed at the LGBT+ College Conference in front of hundreds of attendees from all across the country. These entries will also be featured in our monthly newsletter. All entries will be featured at nashville.aiga.org.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, March 24, 2017
POSTER EXHIBITION: Thursday–Saturday, April 6–8, 2017
Download the .zip file containing the InDesign template for your poster.
Design your poster, leaving the branded band embedded at the bottom.
Provide your information (name, city, state, school/university) for design credit in the branded band where indicated. The text is set in Haptik, which is include in the .zip file.
Once you’ve completed your poster, consult the checklist below to ensure your submission meets all of the requirements.
- Bleed is 0.125 inch
- AIGA Designing Inclusion branded band appears at bottom of poster
- Credit has been provided where indicated in the band
- InDesign file and linked artwork are set to CMYK
- Poster is 11 x 17 inches (portrait)
- All images are 300 dpi at full size
- All type has been converted to outline
- Any foreign language copy included in your design is translated into English in the submission description
- Poster is saved as a press quality PDF without security restrictions
- Please include crop marks
- If your poster meets all of the above requirements, you are ready to submit. Submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 24th, 2017. Upload your print ready files using the button below!
After your submission is uploaded, it will be reviewed to ensure it adheres to the submission requirements, and if everything is good to go, your poster will be in consideration to be displayed at the conference!
Rights and reproduction
By submitting a poster, you certify that you created or have ownership of the work— including the right to distribute stock images and fonts used in your design. You retain the copyright and agree to distribute under a Creative Commons “Attribution-NoDerivs” license. You grant to AIGA the right to use accepted work for reproduction in posters for the Designing Inclusion initiative; in publications; in exhibitions; on its website; and for educational and AIGA-related noncommercial promotional purposes.
Upload Your Poster
- Click Here to go to WeTransfer (will open in a new tab)
- Click “Add Your Files” to attach your poster (2 GB max)
- In the “Email to” field, enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put your email in the “Your Email” field
- In the “Message” field, put the following (replacing with your information):
First Name Last Name
Title of Poster
Description of Poster (optional)